Kissan Veggie Burger Bites
Make hearty burgers at home so you don’t have to take your kids out the next time to relish it.
Oil for frying
1 carrot, sliced
1 potato, peeled and sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
2 tablespoons green peas
½ cup finely chopped spinach
¼ teaspoon garam masala
½ tsp chilli powder
½ teaspoon chaat masala
1 green chilli, slit and finely chopped
2 tablespoons Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup plus for serving
2 burger buns
2 cheese slices
Salt to taste
4 tablespoons crushed cornflakes for coating
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add carrots and potato and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the capsicum and green peas, sprinkle a little water and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add spinach, garam masala, chilli powder, chaat masala, green chilli , salt and Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup, and mix well. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Coat this with crush cornflakes.
4. Cut each bun horizontally in half. Spread butter on the cut surfaces of both halves and toast, buttered side down on a griddle (tawa) till crisp.
5. Place a cheese slice on the bottom half of each bun; spread the vegetable filing on the cheese. Cover with the top half of the bun.
6. For a hearty snack, serve Kissan Veggie Burger Bites with French fries and Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup.