Kissan Tomato Idlis
For a tastier and healthier tiffin, here’s a simple tweak to your regular idlis!
3 teaspoons oil plus for greasing
¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
2 tablespoons cashew nuts
4 green chillies, finely chopped
A few curry leaves (kadi patta)
½ onion, finely chopped
½ cup boiled green peas
½ carrot, grated
3 cups idli batter
2 tablespoons Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
2 tablespoons grated cheese
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai; add the mustard seeds and when they splutter add the cashew nuts, chillies and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions, and sauté till softened.
3. Add the peas and grated carrots and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes till tender.
4. Add the cooked mixture to the idli batter together with Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup and mix well.
5. Grease idli moulds with oil and fill with the batter. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of each idli.
6. Heat water in a cooker, place the idli moulds inside, cover the cooker and steam for 15 minutes till the idlis are well risen and cooked. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
7. Once you taste spicy, tangy Kissan Tomato Idlis, regular idlis will pale by comparison.
Steam cooking is one of the healthy methods of cooking – As it is steamed, fat content is low and it is easily digestible.