Kissan Tangy Tomato Idlis
When it’s time to take your love for idlis to newer heights, this is how you do it!
1½ cups semolina (sooji)
2 tablespoons rice flour
Salt to taste
¼ cup Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
1 tablespoon finely chopped coconut
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tablespoons coriander leaves (dhania), chopped
½ cup sour yoghurt
Ghee, for greasing
1 sachet fruit salt
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
7-8 curry leaves
½ teaspoon skinless split black gram (dhuli urad dal)
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1. Sieve the semolina and rice flour together.
2. Add salt, Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup, coconut, green chilli and coriander leaves.
3. Heat the oil in a small pan and add the tempering ingredients. When they start to splutter remove from heat. Add the tempered spices to the semolina and mix well.
4. Stir in the sour yoghurt and mix to make a smooth batter.
5. Grease the idli moulds with ghee. Heat the water in the steamer.
6. Add fruit salt to the idli batter and immediately pour the batter into idli moulds.
7. Steam for 15 minutes. Remove idlis carefully and serve hot with chutney.