Kissan Sweet and Spicy Brinjals
Without this simple recipe, your kids would’ve never known how tasty brinjals con be.
1 large round brinjal, cut into thick slices
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
12 tablespoons thick yoghurt
Oil, as required
1 onion, chopped
¼ teaspoon grated ginger
A few green chillies, chopped
3 tablespoons Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
½ cup yoghurt
Garam masala to taste
A few coriander leaves, chopped
1. Place the brinjal slices in a colander. Sprinkle salt and chilli powder on both sides of the slices, and leave to drain for at least 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the yoghurt in a strainer set over a bowl to drain.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the brinjal slices till soft. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Heat a little more oil in the same pan; add the chopped onion, ginger, green chillies and Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Arrange the brinjal slices in a plate; spread the onion mixture on top, followed by the drained yoghurt. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
6. Tangy Kissan Sweet and Spicy Brinjals are a welcome addition to any meal.