Kissan Soya Burger
A wonderful twist to make an unhealthy fast food healthier for your child’s tiffin.
6 tablespoons Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
1 cup soya granules
2½ cups skimmed milk
4-5 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
¼ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1½ teaspoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
¾ cup brown breadcrumbs, for coating
4 burger buns
4 tablespoons mustard paste \
10-12 lettuce leaves
1 medium onion, sliced and separated rings
1. Soak soya granules in two cups of milk for fifteen minutes. Drain and squeeze out extra milk. Grind to make finer granules.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together soya granules, mashed potatoes, onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, cumin powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt. Add two tablespoons ketchup and mix.
3. Divide mixture into four equal sized balls. Shape each ball into patty of three inches diameter and about half inch thick.
4. Coat each patty evenly with breadcrumbs.
5. Heat a non-stick pan and cook the patties on both sides till crisp.
6. Halve a burger bun horizontally. Apply mustard paste on the base half and the remaining tomato ketchup on the top half. Place two to three lettuce leaves on the base half. Place the patty on this, top with onion rings, cover with the top half of the bun and serve immediately. Make the remaining burgers similarly.