Kissan Oats Shrikhand with Dried Fruit and Mango Jam
Give your classic dessert a healthy twist. This is a guaranteed addition to your kid’s list of favourite desserts.
1 kg yoghurt
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons cardamom powder (elaichi)
1 cup Kissan Mango Jam
1 cup cooked oats
10-15 almonds and cashew nuts, sliced
1. Place the yoghurt in a piece of muslin and tie it up to make a bundle.
2. Hang yoghurt over a bowl to drain for 3 to 4 hours or until yoghurt becomes very thick.
3. Transfer the thick drained yoghurt to a bowl. Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well till smooth.
4. Mix Kissan Mango Jam into the cooked oats. Stir the mixture into the yoghurt and mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
5. Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts and serve chilled.
6. Kissan Oatmeal Shrikhand is a nutritious twist on a classic Indian dessert.