Kissan Jam Gujiya
Gujiya goes by different names in India Ghugra, Karanji Pedakiya & Kajikayalu
Prep time: 30 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Makes 15 Gujiyas
Plain flour – 2 cups
Ghee – 4 tbsps, melted
Water – as required to knead the dough
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
For the filling:
Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam 2 tbps
Raisin(Kishmish) 1 tbps
Poppy seed (khus khus) 2 tbps
White till (sesame)1 tbps
Dry grated coconut – (kopra) 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Rawa 3 tbps
Cashew nuts – 8 to10 nos
Charoli (chiraunji) 1 tablespoon
1. In a bowl, add the flour, salt and ghee and rub with your palm.
2. Add water to make a dough.
3. Divide the dough and shape into small balls.
4. Keep aside covered for half an hour.
5. Heat a pan, add 1/2 tablespoon ghee, add the grated coconut and roast over medium flame for a few minutes.
6. Make sure the dry coconut has roasted well.
7. In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon ghee, add cashew nuts, raisins, rawa and roast until golden. Remove and crush it.
8. Powder the sugar and mix with the roasted dry coconut.
10. Now roll each ball with the rolling pin into thin puris (of soup bowl diameter)
11. Spread 1 tablespoon of the filling on one half of the rolled out dough.
12. Wet your finger with water and run it along the edges of rolling the puri & dough and fold over to the opposite end/
13. Press the ends & seal the edges.
14. Alternately you can twist the edges around the Gujiya.
15. Heat oil and deep fry the stuffed gujiya on medium flame till golden brown.
16. Store in air tight containers.