Kissan Golden Jam Samosas
Samosas. Sweet. Satisfying. Three words that can make anybody’s day!
For the dough
2 cups plain flour (maida)
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons ghee
½ cup milk
Oil for deep-frying
For the stuffing
300 g mawa
1 cup Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam
3 tablespoons raisins (kishmish)
1. For the stuffing, mix together the mawa, Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam and raisins.
2. For the dough, sift flour. Add sugar and mix. Rub in ghee with your fingertips till well mixed. Add enough milk to make a stiff dough.
3. Divide the dough into 10 portions. Roll out into small discs (puris) using a little oil.
4. Cut each puri in half and fold to make small cones. Fill the cones with the stuffing. Moisten the edges with water and press together to seal.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai and deep-fry the samosas till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Kissan Golden Jam Samosas – sweetly satisfying.