Kissan Fruity Pancake
Since children are extremely fussy about eating their fruits, we have an amazing recipe that will take care of this problem.
100 grams chocolate
1 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¾ cup refined flour
1 small apple, cut into ½ inch cubes
2 small bananas, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 kiwi fruit, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
¼ cup pomegranate pearls
4 tablespoons Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam
1. To prepare the pancake batter, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt it in a double boiler. Once it cools slightly, add warm milk and egg and mix gently. Add the cocoa powder and flour and whisk till smooth. Place in the refrigerator to chill for thirty minutes.
2. For the stuffing, heat the butter in a non stick pan. When it melts add caster sugar and mix well.
3. Add the fruit cubes and orange juice. Lower the heat and simmer till fruits are tender and totally dry. Add the pomegranate pearls and mix well. Remove the pan from heat and keep warm. Add the jam and mix.
4. To make the pancakes, heat a non-stick pan, pour just enough batter to cover the base of the pan and swirl to coat evenly. Cook till the pancake sets and flip it to cook the other side. Gently slide pancake onto a plate and prepare more pancakes with the remaining batter in the same way.
5. Divide filling into as many portions as the number of pancakes. Place each pancake on a plate, spread some fruit mixture on one half and roll.
6. Serve immediately.