Kissan Dhokla Pizza
Dhokla meets Pizza in the most amazing way possible. It’s simple to make and even simpler to love.
2 tablespoons oil
½ cup grated cheese
1 cup Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
A few strips of capsicum, to garnish
For pizza sauce
1 tablespoon oil
2 onions, finely chopped
1 capsicum, finely chopped
4 tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped
½ teaspoon garlic paste
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
1. Steam the dhokla mixture in a pan till cooked.
2. Cut the dhokla into the desired shape such as a circle, heart or star, and set aside.
3. For the pizza sauce, heat the oil in a pan. Add onion and capsicum and fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add chopped tomato, garlic paste, salt, pepper powder and sugar. Mix well and cook till the sauce is thick. Stir in Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan and add the steamed dhokla. Fry till crispy on both sides.
6. Spread pizza sauce over the dhokla, arrange capsicum strips on top and and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
7. Bake for 2 minutes in a hot oven or under a grill till the cheese melts.
8. Dhokla and Pizza? East meets west in this very desi twist on everyone’s favourite snack.