Kissan Dahi Tikki
A scrumptious snack that is royal in taste. Make sure you prepare plenty of them.
400 g yoghurt
1½ tablespoons oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons grated ginger
100 g cottage cheese (paneer), grated
1 tablespoon cashew nut powder
1 tablespoon chopped raisins
1 teaspoon white pepper powder
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Salt to taste
Cornflour, for dusting
3 tablespoons Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Place the yoghurt in a piece of muslin or cheesecloth and drain the liquid completely for about 5-6 hours.
2. Heat ½ tablespoon oil and fry onion and ginger until soft.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, except cornflour and Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup and stir well. Remove from heat and leave to cool
4. Stir in Kissan Fresh Tomato Ketchup.
5. Divide the mixture into small balls and flatten them slightly to make tikkis. Coat the tikkis with cornflour.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the tikkis till golden brown on both sides.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
8. Soft and silky Kissan Dahi Tikkis are a royal treat.